This apple walnut bread came out really well but we felt it needed a little something so we made some quick frosting with cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar.
Makes 12 servings - freezes up to 3 months
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped apples ( 1/4 inch cubes )
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. preheat oven to 350 desgrees F. Grease 9 inch loaf pan.
2. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat sugar and butter on high speed until fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, spice, baking soda and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold in apples & nuts; transfer to greased pan.
4. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool & remove to wire rack.
recipe from minutemeals.com