Installing the sink was a project we first thought would be pretty quick, however just like many other projects which we've had an optimistic time frame about, installing the sink turned out to be pretty much an all day project.
We had bought a really nice stainless steel sink that came with a beautiful high faucet and a soap dispenser, so at least we knew those parts would fit together. And the sink itself was easy to put together, it was getting the plumbing parts right that was a bit of a challenge.
Here is the new sink. It has two drains, and they are a bit offset and at different heights, so we had to figure out how to connect the plumbing right.
Putting these parts together is a bit like laying a puzzle.
Since one side was a bit higher up than the other, we had to cut a piece of piping so it would fit right.
Setting up the drain pipe was another thing to do.
Luckily it went pretty smoothly connecting the two parts with a flexible accordian pipe.
Here we have turned the water back on, hooked up the cold and the warm water pipes and loosly put down the sink to see if everything was working right, and to check for leaks. It turns out, we did have a leak at the drain pipe. We had gone to our local hardware store to pick up these parts. This hardware store is really nice: small town, local with very friendly, helpful people and we got lots of good advice from them (we should definitely start going there more often instead of Home Depot, especially since it's just down the road.) Anyway, when we realized we had a leak, we took the part back to the store, and they spent quite a bit of time with us trying to figure out a different solution. Finally we just got another pack of the same product we had already tried, and the other one did turn out to be faulty, so it all worked out at the end.
Isn't the faucet just wonderful! You can also pull it down (like in the picture above, however the nozzle isn't hooked up there)
Here you have the default water stream.
You can change it to more of a shower!
Securing the sink with clips was a real pain. It was a bit annoying removing the clips from the old sink, however putting in the ones for the new one was 10 times more time consuming and difficult. Me and the sink had quite a fight going! However, it was much nicer spending time under the sink when we put the new one in, as opposed to when we took the old one out. At this point everything felt so much cleaner! There were new pipes, a new sink, we had painted the walls under the sink etc... whereas when we were removing the old one, the atmosphere under the sink didn't feel quite as pristine!
To further secure the sink and protect the edge from water we put down a clear silicon product.
Here you have the final result in the evening. Isn't the stainless steel counter just great! We love the new sink, and are happy the whole setup is going to be super easy to keep clean and won't need any upkeep whatsoever...